The Luccombe Hub is situated in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty but that includes access via country lanes which may be affected by poor weather conditions.
In the event of an emergency or extreme adverse weather conditions, the Centre will review arrangements and inform parents of whether it is safer to close. Learner transport will not travel if poor weather including snow and storms is forecast. Any decision to close will be made in consultation with management team and Local Authority advisory service. Where possible advance warning will be given out to parent/carers and they should follow the procedure below to confirm any decision:
How to find out if the Centre is closed after a night or weekend of severe weather?
• A message with be placed on The Luccombe Hub Facebook page.
• A text message will be sent to parents/carers where possible.
• Check the website (www.LuccombeHub.com) – details are usually updated by 07:30. Don’t forget, you may need to click your ‘refresh’ button to get up-to-date information)
What to do if weather conditions are poor but the Centre is open
• If transport does NOT RUN in the morning, assume it will NOT RUN in the afternoon. Therefore, if learners manage to get to the Centre in the morning via any other means, do not assume that transport will be available to take them home at the end of the day.
Closure of Luccombe Hub during the working day
• Where a decision has been made, for the safety of all, to close the centre;
we will inform parents/carers that learners are being sent home early and place an update on The Luccombe Hub Facebook page; if we are unable to make contact with parents/carers, then learners will remain at the Centre to await collection.
• In this respect it would be helpful if we have up-to-date parents/carers contact telephone numbers where they can be reached in this event.
• Should the weather deteriorate in your area and you are concerned about your child’s journey home, you may decide to collect them from the Centre early, please telephone the Centre office on 07930226886 to inform us and report to Reception when you arrive.
Should a subsequent day(s) of closure be necessary, the methods listed above will be used to notify all parents/carers.